My Avatar

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tool # 3 Finding Online Video & Image Resources

1.I visited all the video/hosting streaming sites recommended in this tool. All of the sites can be very useful in finding what you want. I can say though that my all time favorite video site is Discovery Education which I have frequently used in the past years.
This year, I am going to venture out to get my educational videos from the other sites as well.
I wanted to post this great video from You Tube to use for writing compositions. Found it while browsing Mr. D's blog at Bunker Hill Elementary School. Thank you Mr. D!

 Barry Lane writes about "His Favorite Day"



3. Everything was new for me about copyright and fair use. I learned that teachers can use copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder as long as the materials are for educational purposes and within a secure location.
 To use copyrighted material with the general public teachers cannot use the entire work. We need to think on transformativeness: add value and repurposed.  The posted video tells us that if the materials were changed  from the original one then it is fair use and can be use, as well as if  the teacher added value to the material. I hope I got this correct. I still need some more clarity or confirmation on how to use copyrighted material with the general public (like in our blogs...).
4. The Picasa Web Album could be use to display various pictures to our students. I can use it to display photos related with science like landforms formed from erosion, or to have students observe and describe a photo for writing purposes.

No comments: