My Avatar

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tool # 8: Taking a Look at the Tools

I'm so thankful that Spring Branch is giving us this great training showing us about all these great tools of the 21st century  to become better teachers in this new digital world! Wow! I feel like if I have been in the dinosaur age and finally I'm thrown out in this new world and I'm trying to get out of it because I have never used any of these tools in my live-don't even own an i phone nor ever used Skype, etc-but I'm so excited to get out there and use these new technology so my students are prepared as literate global citizens.

  1. After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.
  2. How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?
After watching the videos, I learned how to use the Dell 2120 Netbooks such as we can connect it with our projectors to maybe display on our activeboard a work from a student. I also learned how to use the Web Cam tool to take photos and create videos.
I learned the difference between an Ipod touch and Ipad and how to use them. Setting up an ITunes account, and how to sync the Ipad to my laptop.

I will manage the devices in my classroom by assigning two student tech managers (I will train them first) to set up & put away the devices and put them in charge to answer/solve easy tech questions/problems. But before they can use any of the devices, I will make sure that I have parent's permission signed. At the beginning of the year, I will set up clear and specific rules on using and handling the devices.

No comments: